Garrett Hughey’s practice covers a variety of general corporate matters, as well as, mergers, acquisitions, capital markets and restructurings. Garrett assists clients in capital market transactions and public and private acquisitions and divestitures.
He also regularly advises clients regarding periodic reporting and corporate governance obligations under the federal securities laws, as well as, the rules and regulations of securities exchanges and other regulatory bodies.
His clients include corporations, master limited partnerships and other public and private entities, including investment banks and investment funds, as well as, companies involved in all areas of the energy and natural resource industries.
- Represented Hilcorp Energy I, L.P., an independent oil and natural gas company, in its $600 million Rule 144A offering of 6.25% Senior Notes due 2028.
- Represented the Conflicts Committee of the Board of Directors of MPLX LP in connection with Marathon Petroleum Corp.’s dropdown of refining logistics assets and fuels distribution services to MPLX LP.
- Represented the Conflicts Committee of the Board of Directors of MPLX LP in connection with Marathon Petroleum Corp.’s exchange of its 2% economic general partner interests in, and incentive distribution rights of, MPLX LP for 275 million newly issued MPLX LP common units.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with Genesis Energy, L.P.’s issuance of $450 million aggregate principal amount of its 6.250% Senior Notes due 2026 and the dealer manager in the concurrent cash tender offer by Genesis for its outstanding $350 million aggregate principal amount of 5.750% Senior Notes due 2021.
- Represented the financial advisor to the Conflicts Committee of an NASDAQ-listed, oilfield services company in connection with $134 million acquisition of a package of multiple private oilfield services companies.
- Represented the Conflicts Committee of MPLX LP in MPLX LP’s acquisition of joint-interest ownership in certain pipelines and storage facilities from Marathon Petroleum Corp.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with Genesis Energy, L.P.’s issuance of $550 million aggregate principal amount of its 6.50% Senior Notes due 2025.
- Represented Basic Energy Services, Inc. in connection with the commencement of an at-the-market equity program.
- Represented the sales agents in the commencement of an at-the-market offering of up to $750 million of common units of Magellan Midstream Partners, L.P.
- JD, University of Houston Law Center, magna cum laude, Houston Law Review, Order of the Barons, Order of the Coif, 2016
- BA, University of Houston, magna cum laude, 2013
Rate : $$$