Garry Jaunal is a member of the Firm’s Global Private Equity Practice Group and the Global Restructuring and Insolvency Group. He is the North American representative on the Global Acquisition Finance Steering Committee. He focuses his practice on debt financing and creditor rights, including secured lending transactions and restructuring and insolvency.
He is experienced in the financing of complex leveraged acquisitions and debtor-in-possession financing. Mr. Jaunal represents lenders and borrowers in senior, mezzanine and bridge loans in both secured and unsecured financing transactions.
He has worked with clients in a range of industries, including transportation, energy, healthcare, technology, software, communications, manufacturing, food services, promotional products, outsourcing services, publishing, consulting and other services.
In addition, Mr. Jaunal is experienced in the areas of mergers, acquisitions and the formation of private equity funds.
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (1999)
- Purdue University (M.S.) (1994)
- University of the State of New York (B.S.) (1992)
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2009)
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (2007)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (2001)
- Illinois~United States (1999)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Member
- Law Society of England & Wales – Member
- American Nuclear Society – Lifetime Member
- Marine Corps Heritage Foundation – Sustaining Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented a large energy company with respect to a USD2 billion debtor-in-possession financing facility in connection with their chapter 11 bankruptcy filing.
- Represented the boards of directors of various corporations in a wide variety of matters ranging from on-going governance, acquisitions and sales of assets, debt and securities offerings, and bankruptcies.
- Represented various clients in the debt financing of leveraged buyout of various portfolio companies in the transportation, energy, manufacturing, healthcare, software and technology industries.
Rate : $$$