Garth Yearick has extensive experience in complex commercial litigation and products liability litigation. Garth represents drug and medical device manufacturers, chemical manufacturers, and other product manufacturers in personal injury actions in state and federal court.
Garth has represented a wide variety of defendants in commercial litigation matters including breach of warranty claims, Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices claims, trade secret claims, consumer class actions, and other statutory claims and business torts. He also has experience in litigating commercial claims involving unique issues relating to computer technology and Internet website development.
He has also served as appellate counsel in matters before Florida’s Fourth District Court of Appeal and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. Garth has served as an associate editor, executive editor, and editor-in-chief of the ABA Section of Litigation’s Litigation News publication. He has written over 30 articles for that publication on a variety of topics.
- University of Florida College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1996)
- Emory University (B.A., 1992)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar
- Palm Beach County Bar Association (1996-present)
- Prior Member, Fundraising Committee for PBCBA’s educational program and exhibits for the 15th Circuit’s Historic Courthouse
- Prior Member, Technology Committee
- Federal Bar Association, Palm Beach County Chapter (1997-present)
- Chapter President (2018-present)
- Chapter Vice-President (2017-2018)
- Chapter Secretary (2016-2017)
- American Bar Association Section of Litigation (2002-present)
- Co-Chair, ABA Section of Litigation First Chair Press (2014-2016)
- Past Appointed Member, ABA Section of Litigation’s Ethics and Professionalism Committee (2013-2014)
- Past Appointed Member, ABA Section of Litigation’s Task Force on the Attorney-Client Privilege (2012-2013)
Rate : $$$$