Gary Ji is a partner in our New York office. He focuses his practice on complex, high-stakes patent litigation with an emphasis on the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, chemical, and electronics sectors. He has successfully represented pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, industrial chemicals and consumer electronics manufacturers in the United States, Europe, and Asia both pre-trial and at trial.
Gary also has extensive experience counseling clients with respect to their intellectual property portfolios and evaluating strategic licensing opportunities. Gary was previously Of Counsel in the global law firm Paul Hastings’ Life Sciences Group in New York, having started his legal career at the patent law firm Fish & Neave, which is now part of Ropes & Gray. Prior to his legal career, Gary worked as a research scientist at Glaxo, Inc. and co-invented a novel chemical process for new drug discovery.
- Columbia University, School of Law, JD, 2002
- University of Toledo, M.S. in Chemistry 1996
- Nankai University, B.S. in Chemistry, 1992
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$