Gary Freedman focuses his practice on bankruptcy and restructuring, receiverships, complex business litigation, creditors’ rights, financial services, commercial foreclosure, director, officer, manager and member liability litigation, and fraud litigation.
He has represented debtors, creditors, creditors’ committees, trustees, and he served as the Liquidating Trustee in the world’s fifth largest cruise line’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy case the Southern District of Florida. He also has extensive experience representing lenders and business entrepreneurs in complex commercial litigation, business disputes, and related transactions.
He has been lead counsel in numerous director, officer, and third-party breach of fiduciary duty matters. In addition, Mr. Freedman directed the investigation and recovery efforts in the Nevin Shapiro/Capitol Investments Ponzi scheme bankruptcy cases pending in South Florida. He also has experience in pursuing and defending financial institutions on RICO and money laundering claims.
- Emory University School of Law, JD (1987)
- University of Rochester, BA (1984)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida
- American Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
Rate : $$$