A skilled litigator with more than two decades of experience, Gary Miller has been described as an “outstanding attorney” who has “an ability to drown out the everyday noise of law practice and deliver exceptional and focused work product for all of his clients.” He has handled a broad range of commercial cases for clients such as Groupon, Pfizer and the Chicago Cubs, including hundreds of matters involving trademarks, copyright, trade secrets, patents and restrictive covenants.
Gary also represents Fortune 500 companies, private equity firms and trading companies in cases concerning post-acquisition disputes, alleged securities violations, breaches of contract, breaches of fiduciary duty, fraud, privacy violations and consumer class actions.
He has first-chaired trials, arbitrations and other evidentiary hearings across the country with great success. Before its combination with Shook, Gary was managing principal of the litigation boutique Grippo & Elden LLC. He now serves as Co-Chair of Shook’s Business Litigation Group.
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 1995
- Order of the Coif
- Graduated with high honors
- Three-year merit-based scholarship
- University of North Carolina Law Review, Member
- B.A., University of Illinois, 1991
- Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- The Hon. Rebecca Beach Smith, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia (1995-1996)
Rate : $$$