Gary Leroy Mowder concentrates his practice in the area of corporate and securities law, with extensive participation in mergers and acquisitions.
His practice also focuses on work for professional sports teams. In this area, Gary has served as outside general counsel for both a Major League Baseball (MLB) team and a National Football League (NFL) team.
From 1986 to 1990, Gary was Assistant Chair of the Corporate, Securities, and Business Law Division of Schiff Hardin. From 1990 to 1994, he served as leader and then co-leader of that practice division, which was the largest in the firm. Gary led the firm’s Financial Institutions Practice Group from 1994 to 1998.
- Gary has represented a diverse group of clients, including:
- Public and private companies
- Officers and directors
- Investment bankers
- Commercial banks and bank holding companies
- Securities firms
- Other financial institutions
- A significant portion of Gary’s practice has involved transactions among financial institutions and related bank and thrift regulatory matters.
- Gary spearheaded, on behalf of the Chicago Bears, the seven-year project to build a $600 million stadium and related improvements on the Chicago lakefront at Soldier Field. This included the design, financing, construction, leasing and operation of the facility, as well as related legislation and governmental approvals and defense of litigation to the project.
- University of Illinois College of Law, LL.B., 1965
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S., 1963
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
CIVIC AND CHARITABLE MEMBERSHIPS:
- Gary has served as a director of a number of public and private companies.
Rate : $$$