Gary L. Pasheilich is a member of the Environmental, Safety & Health Practice Group and has diverse experience with complex civil and administrative matters involving the major federal and state air, water, and solid and hazardous waste laws.
Gary’s practice focuses on legacy environmental liabilities at industrial and commercial sites, including litigation and advocacy relating to liability under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), as well as environmental due diligence in support of complex commercial transactions.
Before joining Squire Patton Boggs in 2012, Gary was an assistant attorney general in the Environmental Enforcement Section of the Ohio Attorney General’s Office where he was trial counsel in numerous matters involving air pollution permitting and enforcement. He has briefed and argued before the Tenth District Court of Appeals, the Ohio Supreme Court, and various Ohio courts of common pleas.
He represented the Director of the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency in more than 50 appeals before the Environmental Review Appeals Commission, involving a wide range of permitting and rule-development issues.
- Capital University, J.D., 2005
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 1998
Admissions : Ohio, 2005
- U.S. Ct. of App., Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. of Ohio
- U.S. Dist. Ct., S. Dist. of Ohio
- Assisted with the successful resolution of a solid waste district’s enforcement of flow control rules against recycler and transporter.
- Assisted financial institution in conducting environmental assessment of salvage yard and advising as to implications in acquiring site through foreclosure.
- Assisted metals recycling company with administrative challenge to issuance of RCRA variance under state program and under the federal Definition of Solid Waste Rule.
- Assisted manufacturing company with the negotiated resolution of multi-company litigation involving solvent contamination in groundwater and RCRA-related liabilities.
- Assisted with rulemaking challenge before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals to US EPA’s disapproval of Ohio’s state plan for implementing the Cross-State Air Pollution Rule. Ohio v. EPA, 6th Cir. No. 11-3988.
Rate : $$$