Gavin Villareal represents clients in a wide variety of complex business-related disputes in state and federal trial and appellate courts, as well as before the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB). He has significant first-chair experience litigating claims alleging professional negligence, misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty, and financial services fraud.
Before law school, Mr. Villareal worked for five years at the Texas General Land Office as special assistant to Texas Land Commissioner Garry Mauro. During law school, he served as an intern to Justice Rose Spector of the Supreme Court of Texas.
Mr. Villareal has held leadership positions in numerous professional and community organizations. He is past chair of the ABA’s Professional Liability Litigation Committee for the ABA’s Section of Litigation.
He has held leadership roles with the Austin Bar Foundation, the Austin Bar Association, the Austin Young Lawyers Association, the Hispanic Bar Association of Austin, the HBAA Charitable Foundation, the Mexican-American Bar Association of Texas, Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas, the Mexic-Arte Museum and the Harvard Club of Austin.
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law 1998
- Associate Editor, Texas Law Review
- A.B., English and American literature, Harvard University 1990
Admission & Affiliations:
- State Bar of Texas; Texas Minority Attorney Program, Planning Committee, 2006
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Professional Liability Litigation Committee; Editorial Board, Professional Liability Litigation Newsletter, 2007-2009; Co-Chair, Programming Subcommittee, 2009-2011; Committee Co-Chair, 2011-2014
- Austin Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2007-2008
Rate : $$$