Gavin Martinson represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law. His practice focuses on defending employers at both the trial and appellate levels against allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, employment-related torts, and civil-rights claims under state and federal law.
Mr. Martinson also represents employers in pre-litigation matters before state and federal administrative agencies. Mr. Martinson regularly advises employers regarding workplace policies and procedures and he counsels them on compliance with applicable employment laws and regulations.
Before entering private practice, Mr. Martinson was a law clerk for Judge Milan D. Smith, Jr. of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and Judge Robert C. Jones of the United States District Court for the District of Nevada.
Mr. Martinson received his law degree from the University of Chicago Law School where he was a member of the Law Review. He earned his B.A. from Brigham Young University with a double major in History and Spanish Translation.
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 2005
- B.A., cum laude, Brigham Young University, 2002
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Northern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Obtained summary judgment for a sales and marketing services company on claims of national-origin discrimination and retaliation before an administrative law judge.
- Negotiated favorable settlement for national telecommunications company on claims of age and race discrimination.
- Drafted winning appellate briefs in the Fifth Circuit for airline company upholding favorable arbitration decision.
- Negotiated favorable settlement for rental-car company on claims of race discrimination and retaliation.
- Defended national telecommunications company against claims of disability discrimination.
- Drafted briefs in state appellate court defending successful jury verdict for manufacturing company against breach-of-contract allegations by former executive.
- Board Member, BYU Alumni Association, Dallas/Fort Worth Chapter
- Dallas Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
Rate : $$$