Genevieve M. Spires is Shareholder in the firm’s Food & Drug Administration and Pharmaceuticals Section. Genevieve counsels life sciences companies on the laws and industry standards applicable to the sale and marketing of FDA-regulated products. Her experience includes reviewing promotional materials and drafting sponsorship, consulting and other agreements.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Genevieve was counsel at a New Jersey firm where, in addition to counseling clients on FDA regulatory issues, she defended pharmaceutical, medical device, industrial and consumer product manufacturers in product liability suits, including mass torts, federal multi-district litigation, class actions and individual state and federal suits in New Jersey, New York and other jurisdictions.
Genevieve is an active member of the American Bar Association. She currently serves as the Director of Communications and Technology for the ABA Young Lawyers Division, and she previously served as the ABA Young Lawyers Division’s Products Coordinator for the 2012-13 bar year. Genevieve is also the Chair of the DRI Women in the Law Committee Publications Subcommittee.
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D., 2005, Editor-in-Chief, Rutgers Law Review; Member, Moot Court Board; Dean’s Merit Scholarship; The Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey John J. Barry Memorial Scholarship
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2002, Dean’s List; Member of Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society, Political Science
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division – Director of Communications and Technology, 2013-14
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division – Products Coordinator, 2012-13
- Defense Research Institute – Women in the Law Committee, Publications Subcommittee Chair
Rate : $$$