Gennaro Savastano, a Super Lawyers ”Rising Star” of the New York Metro Area, is an associate attorney in our Appellate Unit. His primary task is to help us uphold in appellate courts our clients’ well-deserved lower-court verdicts.
An exceptionally hard worker and high-achiever, Mr. Savastano joined Weitz & Luxenberg in 2013. He came to us by way of the New York State Supreme Court’s Appellate Division, First Department, where he worked as a senior appellate court attorney. During his final year in that position, he also stepped into the role of arbitrator of small claims in New York City Civil Court (a capacity in which he continues to serve).
At about the time he joined the Appellate Division’s First Department, Mr. Savastano served as a reporter for the Association of Justices of the Supreme Court of New York Committee on Pattern Jury Instructions (PJI). As a PJI reporter, Mr. Savastano worked with judges of the Court of Appeals, justices of all four Appellate Divisions, and justices of the Supreme Court from counties throughout New York, drafting and editing pattern jury charges and scholarly commentary explaining all areas of New York civil law.
Earlier, Mr. Savastano clerked for Hon. Paul G. Feinman, who is currently an associate judge of the New York Court of Appeals. At the start of his law career, Mr. Savastano was an appellate court attorney in the Appellate Division, Third Department, of New York State Supreme Court.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Touro Law School, 2008; editor-in-chief, Touro Law Review; president, Amicus: Gay-Straight Law Student Alliance; research assistant to Associate Dean for Research and Scholarship; faculty fellow, Honors Program; Dean’s List (five semesters); Dean Emeritus Howard Glickstein Award for Outstanding Leadership and Overall Academic Excellence; Elizabeth Gonzalez Award; Merit Scholar; Columbian Lawyers Association Scholarship; numerous other honors and distinctions.
- B.F.A., State University of New York Fredonia, 2002; Honors Program; president, Orchesis Dance Company; Alpha Psi Omega, Honors Fraternity.
ASSOCIATIONS AND LICENSES:
- President, LGBT Bar Association of Greater New York (LeGaL)
- Independent Judicial Election Qualification Commission, First Judicial District
- Columbian Lawyers Association of the First Judicial Department
- The Independent Judicial Screening Committee of the Bronx Democratic County Committee
Rate : $$$