Geoffrey M. Atkins is a partner in the Litigation and Enforcement practice group at Ropes & Gray in Hong Kong. Geoff advises public companies, fund sponsors, and financial services clients in the U.S. and throughout Asia in connection with civil and criminal government enforcement matters before the SEC, DOJ, and other state and foreign regulators, and in connection with complex securities and commercial disputes.
Geoff regularly advises corporate management and directors conducting internal investigations, evaluating sensitive governance issues, and establishing regulatory compliance programs.
Geoff has particular experience advising clients regarding potential violations of global anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and sanctions laws, conducting international risk assessments, and evaluating risks associated with complex mergers & acquisitions in India, China, and throughout Southeast Asia.
Geoff has extensive experience working with clients in the pharmaceutical, medical device, and technology sectors, as well as private equity funds, investment advisory firms and broker-dealers.
- JD, cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2008; G. Joseph Tauro Distinguished Scholar; Administrative Editor, Boston University Law Review
- BA, Boston College, 2005
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2017
- Massachusetts, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2015
- Panelist, “Bracing for Regulatory Action in the Indian Pharma and Medical Device Industry”, Berkeley Research Group and Ropes & Gray Co-Hosted Roundtable, Mumbai India (October 2017)
- Panelist, “The FCPA Pilot Program and considerations in evaluating voluntary self-disclosure” Ropes & Gray Medical Device Roundtable (May 2017)
Rate : $$$