Geoffrey C. Cockrell is the chair of the firm’s private equity group, and serves on the firm’s Board of Partners. He has a wide scope of experience in mergers & acquisitions and in senior and mezzanine lending.
His mergers and acquisition experience, representing private equity sponsors, strategic purchasers and sellers extends across a diverse number of industries from healthcare and energy to manufacturing and agriculture.
His lending experience includes advising both senior and mezzanine lenders on an array of financing transactions ranging from senior asset backed lending to traditional mezzanine structures.
Geoff is a national contributor both at conferences and in publications on a wide array of issues unique to the private equity industry. He regularly contributes to Law360’s Healthcare and Private Equity sections, and is an author of The Healthcare Investor, a blog on healthcare finance topics.
- Representation of a private equity fund in the multi-million dollar acquisition of an administrative services provider to a multi-site ophthalmology practice in New York.
- Representation of Silver Oak Service Partners, a private equity fund, in acquisition of a dental services organization.
- Representation of Pharos Capital, a private equity fund, in acquisition of physical therapy management company.
- Representation of Golub Capital, a senior debt fund, the financing of numerous sponsor-backed acquisition of healthcare and life science companies.
- Representation of Madison Capital Funding, a senior debt fund, the financing of numerous sponsor-backed acquisition of healthcare and life science companies.
- Representation of Monroe Capital, a senior debt fund, the financing of numerous sponsor-backed acquisition of healthcare and life science companies.
- Representation of an Indiana ambulatory surgery center in restructuring transaction with regional hospital system.
- Representation of an investor in large investment in Indiana grain origination and merchandising business.
- Representation of a large agricultural cooperative in acquisition through merger of several Illinois regional agricultural cooperatives.
- Representation of Clean Energy Trust, a regional consortium of research institutions facilitating commercialization of clean technology businesses.
- Representation of Altus Capital in leveraged buyout of Michigan-based manufacturer of zinc die cast parts for gaming, appliance and automotive industries.
- Representation of Altus Capital in leveraged buyout of Indiana mineral wool manufacturing company.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, JD, magna cum laude, 1997
- Wheaton College, BA, Business/Economics, cum laude, 1993
Admissions : Illinois
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Illinois Venture Capital Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
Rate : $$$$