Geoffrey A. Friedman focuses on litigation matters in the firm’s Boston office. Prior to joining Mintz, Geoff served as a law clerk to the Honorable Raymond C. Fisher of the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the Honorable Christina A. Snyder of the US District Court for the Central District of California.
During law school, Geoff was a member of the Board of Student Advisors and a teaching assistant for the first-year legal research and writing course. He was a summer associate at another international law firm.
Before attending law school, Geoff was a research associate at a biotechnology company, where he worked on novel gene modification techniques and preclinical research projects.
- In complex civil RICO case, represented Taiwanese creditor in claims against 34 foreign and domestic defendants. Successfully defeated over 30 motions to dismiss, managed millions of pages of written discovery, over 40 depositions on two continents and hundreds of discovery disputes before two court-appointed Special Masters. Defeated summary judgment and in limine motions. Favorably settled case at commencement of trial.
- Defended an insurer against claims that it converted subrogation claims, obtaining summary judgment from the US District Court for the District of Oregon.
- Represented insurance carrier in high profile litigation matters related to Hurricane Sandy including several RICO actions and a New York State Department of Financial Services investigation.
- Harvard Law School (JD, magna cum laude)
- University of California – Berkeley (BA, Highest Distinction in General Scholarship)
ADMISSIONS : California, Massachusetts
Rate : $$$