Geoffrey D. Kearney focuses his practice on product liability litigation. Before joining Shook, he completed judicial clerkships for the Hon. Lavenski R. Smith, Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, and for the Hon.
Staci M. Yandle, District Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois. Geoffrey also has worked for the Office of the Public Defender in the Southern District of Mississippi and for the Arkansas Court of Appeals.
In addition to his legal experience, Geoffrey worked as a legislative assistant to a state senator and managed field staff and volunteers on a presidential campaign. Before law school, he attended the University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service, earning a Master of Public Service (MPS) degree.
During this master’s program, he formulated an individual development account program for a non-profit organization, facilitated the formation of a citywide afterschool network, and interned for an afterschool program in Argentina.
Geoffrey also has been a litigation associate in private practice and a general practice solo practitioner focusing on civil matters.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Arkansas School of Law, 2012
- Master of Public Service (M.P.S.), University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service, 2009
- A.B., Harvard College, 2007 (Government; Citation in Spanish)
- University of Arkansas Law Alumni Society Board
- Vera Presbyterian Family Services, Former Board Member
- Jefferson County, Arkansas, Teen Court
- Clerk for the Hon. Lavenski R. Smith, Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Clerk for the Hon. Staci M. Yandle, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$