Geoffrey L. Travis is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group. Geoffrey is an experienced commercial trial attorney and litigator. He has represented a wide range of clients, from regional companies to multinational corporations, in complex business matters, including:
- Complex business litigation: business torts, partnership disputes, banking and U.C.C. issues, and trust and estate disputes.
- Creditors’ rights litigation: foreclosures, evictions, replevins, garnishments, and attachments.
- Financial institution litigation: loan disputes, loan workouts, letter of credit transactions, international banking disputes, and suretyship issues.
- Real estate litigation: commercial landlord/tenant matters, property management matters, and condominium disputes.
- Aviation litigation: aircraft leasing, jet fuel sales, and statutory jet fuel sale remedies.
Geoffrey has tried or resolved complex cases in federal, state and appellate courts as well as in proceedings before administrative bodies and in private domestic and international arbitration cases.
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., with Honors, 1993
- Cornell University, B.A., Political Science, cum laude, 1990
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- American Bar Association
- Graduate of the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Leadership Miami program
- Cornell University Alumni Advisory Committee
- HSBC/Ndorphin Triathlon Team
- Alliance Francaise Association
Rate : $$$