Geoffrey Lorenz’s practice focuses on the acquisition, financing and development of electric-generating facilities. Geoff is a member of the energy and infrastructure team. Since joining the firm, Geoff has focused primarily on the acquisition, financing and development of electric-generating facilities employing both conventional and renewable technologies.
Geoff is familiar with a variety of financing and transaction structures, including partnership-flip, pay-as-you-go tax equity transactions, sale / leaseback transactions, purchase and sale agreements and traditional secured financings.
Prior to joining the firm, Geoff spent six years as a paralegal at a leading international law firm where he worked with both the project finance and energy regulatory teams.
- Represented multiple institutions in partnership-flip structure tax equity investments in over 7,500 megawatts of wind energy generation in fifteen states, with an aggregate investment value of over $7.5 billion.
- Represented tax equity investors in re-powering transactions, including the Palmwood Portfolio, the Sterling Portfolio and the Topaz Portfolio.
- Represented a utility and unregulated utility affiliate in the development of an “inside-the-fence” energy infrastructure project supplying a new state of the art headquarters and research center.
- Represented multiple institutions in partnership-flip structure tax equity investments in portfolios of residential solar systems.
- Represented institutional investors in transfers of upstream membership interests in renewable energy assets.
- Represented the lead arranger and lender in connection with a first lien secured financing for a natural gas-fired, combined-cycle power project in Texas.
- Represented the purchaser in its acquisition of a portfolio of fourteen utility service projects located throughout the United States.
- JD, George Washington University Law School, cum laude, 2011
- BA, Duke University, 2005
- District of Columbia
- New York
Rate : $$$