Geoffrey Vickers focuses his practice on business and technology as he represents domestic and global service providers and customers on general business and technology issues and complex sourcing arrangements, including assisting with developing business, operational and legal strategies, negotiating transactions, and developing operational structures.
Geof’s experience encompasses drafting, negotiating, and managing information technology (IT) and telecommunication outsourcing agreements, business process outsourcing arrangements, distribution relationships, licensing arrangements, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and teaming arrangements.
In addition, Geof also advises early and growth stage companies and investors on formation and business structuring issues, financing and investment structures, licensing and commercial contracting matters, and corporate governance issues.
His experience covers a range of industries and subject matters, including HealthIT, telecommunications, privacy and security, Blockchain, Internet of Things, cloud computing, open source code, software, Internet, digital media, retail, and manufacturing.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, JD (2004)
- Harding University, BBA, magna cum laude (2000)
Admissions : Tennessee
- Represents both suppliers and buyers of technology services and products with clients ranging from technology startups and emerging market companies to Fortune 500 companies
- Experience in drafting and negotiating complex outsourcing agreements, software design and development agreements, cloud computing and network based application hosting agreements, hardware and software purchase/licensing agreements, reseller and vendor agreements, product supply agreements, and subcontracting agreements
- Routinely guides clients through the evolving business and legal issues involved in the design and development of applications related to the Internet of Things, online social networking applications, and network based marketing
- Cyberspace Law Committee, American Bar Association
- Software Development & Licensing Committee, American Bar Association
- Information Security Committee, American Bar Association
- Open Source Software Committee, American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Board Member, Fannie Battle Day Home for Children
- Board Member and General Counsel, The Zoe Group
Rate : $$$