Pillsbury Partner Geoffrey Sant maintains a practice focused on advising clients on complex litigation with an emphasis on commercial, corporate and financial litigation and transactions.
Known for his extensive experience in representing both Chinese and U.S. financial entities, Geoffrey represents some of the world’s largest banks, investment companies and businesses in both litigation and transactional matters.
He has successfully obtained the dismissal of lawsuits against major Chinese banks and businesses, including obtaining the dismissal with prejudice of a litigation seeking over one billion dollars in damages.
On the transactional side of his practice, Geoffrey recently won regulatory approval for a new U.S. branch of a major Chinese bank.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Originated and handled defense of international company and its executives in $5M securities litigation lawsuit. Obtained complete dismissal of a securities claim against the Chinese company and was the first to win damages against the lawyers who sued (Great Dynasty International Financial Holdings Limited v. Haiting Li).
- Won on motion to dismiss, obtaining complete dismissal of multimillion-dollar claims against international bank (Uni-Rty Corporation v. New York Guangdong Finance, Inc.)
- Won dismissal on forum non conveniens grounds in a multimillion-dollar breach of contract and tort case against NASDAQ-listed technology company (Huang v. Advanced Battery Technologies, Inc.)
- Director and Treasurer, Chinese Business Lawyers Association
- President of the Board of Directors, New York Chinese Cultural Center
- J.D., New York University, 2008
- M.A., Chinese and Japanese Literature, Columbia University, 2005
- B.A., Romance Languages & Literature; Near Eastern Languages & Civilization, University of Chicago, 1996
ADMISSIONS : New York
- The Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$