Geoffrey Edward Secol’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, debt issuances and securitizations, royalty monetizations, litigation financing and other complex transactions. He represents numerous private equity and hedge fund clients in connection with their investments and other transactions in regulated and nonregulated industries.
Geoffrey has advised clients on multiple royalty and royalty rights transactions involving a variety of structures and underlying intellectual property, particularly in the medical, pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical sectorsHe regularly counsels issuers and investors on public and private securities and debt offerings, as well as public and private companies, in connection with a wide variety of business, commercial and legal matters.
Representative transactions have included mergers, acquisitions and divestitures of securities and assets; complex joint ventures and strategic alliances; secured and unsecured financings; corporate and fund restructurings; and other corporate and commercial dealings.
- Extensive cross-border experience with the medical, pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical, power, energy, telecommunications and insurance sectors.
- Focuses on corporate and transactional matters with a concentration in merger, purchase, sale and financing transactions.
- Counseled an employee-owned hedge fund sponsor in connection with an investment in a joint venture to pursue claims under the Medicare Secondary Payer Act.
- Advised investment funds managed by York Capital Management in connection with the acquisition in a 363 sale of Juniper GTL LLC, a gas-to-liquids facility, and related acquisitions and transactions.
- Represented investment funds managed by Pharmakon Advisors, LP in connection with a $500 million senior secured loan facility to TESARO, Inc.
- Advised BioPharma Credit PLC in connection with a $316 million senior secured term loan to a subsidiary of Sebela Pharmaceuticals.
- Member, American Bar Association.
- Member, New York State Bar Association.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1997
- B.A., New York University, 1990
- Certificate, Capital Normal University, Beijing, 1989
- New York
Rate : $$$