Geoffrey K. Verhoff develops, implements and manages targeted strategies to further the interests of his clients. He advises on a wide range of legislative and regulatory matters at state, federal and international levels. Geoff has successfully managed coalitions and large projects focused on advocacy, strategic communications, and grassroots development and outreach. His practice focuses on leveraging the intersection of politics and policy.
Geoff combines his political and policy experience in creative ways that lead to significant achievements for his clients and Congress. In 2015, he managed a coalition of key influencers to assist with the passage of the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA), which rescinded the formula known as the “doc fix,” an unsustainable policy dating back to 2003. He led a similar effort that significantly contributed to the passage of the Puerto Rico Oversight, Management and Economic Stability Act (PROMESA), legislation, which gave Puerto Rico the necessary tools to restructure its debt.
Geoff worked for Sen. William V. Roth, Jr. (R-DE), who served as chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, during the last three years of the Senator’s career. Following that, he joined the RNC’s finance team that supported President George W. Bush’s successful re-election campaign. He was extensively involved in the past four presidential campaigns as well as numerous House, Senate and third-party efforts.
- Vice Chairman, Republican National Committee’s (RNC) Finance Committee.
- Advises clients on legislative and regulatory matters at state, federal and international levels.
- Led efforts on tribal tax issues culminating in the successful passage of the only original tax bill approved in the 113th
- Represents foreign sovereigns on international trade, tax and development matters.
- Raised tens of millions of dollars for Republican candidates and causes.
- Secured funding in the 2018 Farm Bill for a federal research initiative focused on saving a key domestic agricultural commodity.
- Manages a coalition on patent reform.
- Successfully secured a tax provision to help the citrus industry in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Vice Chair, RNC Finance Committee.
- President’s Advisory Committee on the Arts, John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
- M.P.P., George Mason University, 2007
- B.A., Catholic University of America, cum laude, 2003
Rate : $$$