George B. Hall Jr. practices in the area of insurance and reinsurance, and concentrates on coverage and reinsurance issues arising out of a range of claims, including environmental and latent injury claims, business torts, intellectual property claims, labor and employment related claims and construction defect claims, as well as issues involving insured and additional insured status, self-insured retentions and general claims handling issues under third-party and first-party policies.
Mr. Hall is a resident in the Houston and New Orleans offices. However, he counsels insurers and represents them in litigation throughout the country and has been admitted to practice pro hac vice before state or federal courts in 23 other states.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 1977
- University of Tennessee, M.S.P., 1973
- Tulane University, B.A., 1970
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Representation of insurer of radiographic weld inspector in suit for coverage for cost of re-inspection and replacement of pipeline due to improper inspection. (Texas trial court)
- Representation of well control insurer in suit for coverage for control of well expenses. (Texas trial court, Court of Appeals)
- Representation of insurer of offshore drill rig in litigation over claimed additional insured statutory oil company. (Texas Supreme Court)
- Representation of law enforcement liability insurer in coverage litigation for civil rights violations by sheriff’s department. (U.S. Dist. Ct., Southern District of Mississippi)
- Representation of insurer in suit by waste management company for coverage of loss of use of landfill facility due to government regulation. (Texas trial court)
Rate : $$$