George Rondeau practices intellectual property (IP) law, including domestic and international patent and trademark procurement, patentability and trademark registrability opinions, infringement and validity studies, infringement avoidance and due diligence reviews, portfolio analysis, and licensing of patents, trademarks, and technology.
He also counsels clients on IP strategic planning and dispute resolution and enforcement. In addition, George provides ongoing strategy and analysis support in patent litigation matters. His patent practice covers electrical, mechanical, and computer software/hardware inventions.
George has extensive experience in patent work for clients such as Double Down Interactive (patent review and advice), Wizkids (Clix game pieces and game strategy), digEcor (in-flight entertainment systems), Microsoft (software and hardware), Attachmate (software), Cellular Technical Services (cell phone fraud detection), Leviton (data and telecom products), Intermec (barcode readers and software), and StairMaster and LeMond Fitness (exercise equipment).
He has also handled licensing and trademark work for many of these clients. George recently represented Wagstaff in a complex technology transfer agreement arbitration.
- Partner, SEED Intellectual Property Law Group, and its predecessor, Seed & Berry
- Systems Engineer, Rockwell International
- Circuit Designer, NASA
- Project Financial Administrator, Hughes Aircraft
Professional & Community Activities:
- Washington State Patent Law Association
- Founder, Former Chairman, Seattle Chapter, Licensing Executives Society
- Seattle-King County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 1976
- M.B.A., University of Southern California, 1972
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Drexel University, 1969
Rate : $$$