George T. Caplan represents major corporations and motion picture studios. His general business and entertainment litigation experience includes general commercial matters, energy industry litigation, unfair competition, intellectual property, trademark infringement, First Amendment issues and domain name infringement. George is a partner in the Litigation Group in Drinker Biddle’s Los Angeles office.
George also handles securities fraud, employment contracts, directors and officers, as well as errors and omissions defense, real estate, power plant construction and defect litigation, general construction defect litigation, hotel industry disputes and computer software development contract litigation.
- Defenders of Wildlife v. Jewell, et al. Defended an ESA and NEPA action seeking to enjoin the Silver State South Project located near Las Vegas, Nevada (obtained summary judgment).
- Coalition for Responsible Solar, et al. v. City of Adelanto, et al. (Aries Solar Holding, LLC) Defended a writ petition for alleged CEQA violations seeking to overturn the City’s approval of the Aries Solar Project (obtained denial of writ).
- LIUNA v. Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission, et al.Defended an action brought by a coalition of labor unions against the California Energy Commission for alleged CEQA violations concerning the CEC’s certification of the Blythe Solar Energy Project in the California desert (obtained dismissal of all claims).
- Luz Solar Partners Ltd., III, et al. v. San Bernardino County et al. Prosecuting on appeal a multimillion-dollar property tax action against the County concerning the California Revenue and Taxation Code’s solar project exemption.
- Construction defects litigation involving the enforcement of an arbitration clause. Case settled after motion practice raised serious statute of limitations issues that impeded plaintiff’s claims.
- Columbia Law School, LL.B., 1968
- University of California, Berkeley, A.B., 1965, Honors: Delivered Baccalaureate Address, Class of 1965
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Rate : $$$