George Jones has more than 30 years of experience representing national banks, financial institutions, equipment and leasing companies and other lenders in the structuring and closing of financing transactions.
Mr. Jones represents his clients in the financing of corporate and commercial aircraft, vessels and railroad rolling stock and other large capital assets and in acquisition, construction and permanent financings, asset-based financings, working capital financings, health care financings and tax-exempt financings.
He also provides counsel to a diverse cross section of businesses, nonprofits and health care organizations in commercial transactions, including private and public taxable and tax-exempt financings, mergers and acquisitions, asset sales and leasing.
Mr. Jones has served on the executive committee of the Lawyers’ Campaign Against Hunger since 1993. Over that period, the campaign has raised more than $5 million to support the hunger–related initiatives and programs administered by the Maryland Food Bank and the Capital Area Food Bank. He also serves on the Board of Directors of Itineris, Inc., helping provide opportunities for individuals with Autism to participate meaningfully in all aspects of adult life.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1986
- Trinity University, B.A., 1983, summa cum laude
- Supreme Court of Colorado
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – Maryland State Bar Association
- Member – National Aircraft Finance Association
- President – Hampton Improvement Association
- Board Member and Vice President – Itineris, Inc.
- Executive Committee – Lawyers’ Campaign Against Hunger
Rate : $$$