George Buermann helps lead the firm’s Environmental Law Practice Group. George advises clients on complex environmental regulatory and compliance matters and litigates environmental and toxic tort disputes across the country.
George offers clients in-depth knowledge of the state and federal regulations governing such disputes, including the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and others.
He also litigates matters involving contamination and exposure to chemicals and substances such as lead, PFAS, 1,4-Dioxane, TCE, mold, and benzene. In addition to handling adversarial matters, George helps clients avoid litigation by providing strategic advice regarding environmental compliance and strategy. His experience also includes handling construction losses and construction defects; and torts involving commercial property.
George regularly writes and lectures on emerging environmental issues impacting the regulated industry and serves as co-editor of Goldberg Segalla’s Environmental Law Monitor, the firm’s weekly environmental blog publication.
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Northern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Coach, Glen Rock, NJ Youth Lacrosse League, 2016 to present
- Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, J.D., 2001
- University of Vermont, B.A., 1997
Rate : $$$