George Kroculick is co-chair of Duane Morris’ Real Estate Practice Group. Mr. Kroculick practices in the area of real estate law with a focus on eminent domain, including just compensation, right to take, relocation assistance and highway access management, as well as land use and land use litigation, and real estate tax relief matters.
He has represented clients before local and county land use boards and has worked on lease litigation matters as well as title disputes. Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and the District of Columbia, Mr. Kroculick is a member of the American, New Jersey and Pennsylvania bar associations.
He is also a member of the editorial board of the International Council of Shopping Centers’ publication, Shopping Center Legal Update, a member of the editorial board of the International Council of Shopping Centers’ publication, Retail Law Strategist.
He is a member of the Urban Land Institute and co-chair of its Capital Markets Council, Philadelphia District Council. Mr. Kroculick is a graduate of Villanova University School of Law and acum laude graduate of Villanova University.
- Obtained on behalf of the Philadelphia Zoo all approvals for their 683-space parking garage, built at a cost of $24 million.
- Represented a publicly traded realty trust (REIT) in connection with a land use and development application to redevelop a 26 acre site improved with a laboratory facility into a 474,600 square-foot office and innovation campus, which included an underground parking garage with over 1600 spaces.
- Represented a multibillion-dollar self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) in successfully opposing the application of a neighboring property owner to construct a 50,392-square-foot hazardous waste incinerator in Bristol Township, Bucks County, PA.
- Represented an American petroleum and petrochemical manufacturer in obtaining land rights to implement a $4 billion natural gas liquids pipeline project in Pennsylvania.
- Represented a single purpose LLC in the sale of a contaminated 30-acre former General Dynamics site in Woodbridge, NJ to Atlantic Realty Development Corp., which will build a 500-unit, mixed use transit village-style development and arts center called Avenel Arts Village.
- In a property tax appeal filed on behalf of a shopping center owner in Allegheny County, Pa., obtained a 45-percent reduction of assessment after a major tenant declared bankruptcy. As a result of the reduction obtained after a board hearing, annual property taxes decreased more than $152,500.
- Represented two major oil companies in the valuation phase of an eminent domain action. Demonstrating the deficiencies in the city’s appraisal regarding valuation methodologies with regard to improvements and relocation expenses, Mr. Kroculick helped our clients settle the matter from an initial $3,000,000 offer to a final settlement of $7,150,000.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1983
- Villanova University, B.A., cum laude, 1980
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Urban Land Institute, Co-chair, Capital Markets Council, Philadelphia District Council
- American Bar Association, – Committee on Condemnation, Zoning and Land Use Litigation
- New Jersey Bar Association, – Land Use Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Board Member and Case Brief Editor for International Council of Shopping Centers’ most widely read publication, The Retail Law Strategist
- Editorial Board, Shopping Center Legal Update, publication of The International Council of Shopping Centers
- Council Member, Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce’s 3rd Century Initiative (“3ci”).
Rate : $$$