George Mardikes focuses exclusively on governmental finance, including state and local government lease-purchase financing, both taxable and tax-exempt; federal leasing; tax-exempt conduit financing for 501(c)(3) entities; general and limited tax obligation bonds; tax leases to federal agencies, and state and local governments; letter of credit transactions; and qualified zone academy bonds and special assessment bonds.
George is a frequent speaker at seminars on the subject of governmental leasing on the national level. He has structured financings that included assets such as construction of real property, equipment, software, prepaid maintenance, aircraft, and energy retrofit.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Association for Governmental Leasing & Finance
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Japan-America Society of Oregon
- J.D., University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law, 1984, with distinction
- Editor-in-Chief, The Urban Lawyer, the ABA’s National Quarterly on Local Government Law
- B.A., Political Science, University of Chicago, 1979
Rate : $$$