George R. Mesires represents clients in finance, corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, distressed mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters. George advises directors and officers on corporate governance, fiduciary duties and strategic matters.
George has significant experience in the senior housing and care industry, representing both for-profit and not-for-profit operators in a variety of engagements, including affiliations, acquisitions, financings, governance matters, restructurings and bankruptcy.
George is a member of the board of directors of The Kendal Corporation, the 12th largest not-for-profit senior housing provider in the country, and the Admiral at the Lake, the oldest life plan community in Chicago.
Prior to private practice, George was general counsel for a startup telecommunications company and led the distressed sale process of substantially all of the company’s assets to a regional telecommunications company. Before serving as in-house counsel, George was an Assistant Attorney General in the New York State Attorney General’s Office.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D. (1995)
- Syracuse University School of Management, M.B.A. (1995)
- Colgate University, B.A. (1991)
Bar Admissions : New York, Illinois.
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Professional Associations :
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) — Asset Sales Committee Newsletter (Editor, 2010-13)
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) — Post-Acute & Long-Term Services Practice Group
- Commercial Finance Association — Sponsorship Committee, 2014
Civic Activities :
- The Kendal Corporation — Board of Directors, Strategy Committee, 2015-present
- The Old People’s Home of the City of Chicago (governing entity of The Admiral at the Lake) — Board of Directors, Governance Committee, Audit Committee, Resident Services and Compliance Committee, 2013-present
- Illinois Mentoring Partnership — Board of Directors, 2012-17
- St. Chrysostom’s Day School — Advisory Board, 2009-14
- Deerfield Academy Alumni Association — Executive Committee, 2011-17
Rate : $$$