George K. Miller, a partner in the New York office, is a member of Mayer Brown’s Project Finance, Infrastructure Investment and Asset Finance practices. In addition, he co-leads Mayer Brown’s Japan Client Initiative, aimed at strengthening and expanding outreach to Japanese clients. At a prior firm he helped open its Tokyo and Hong Kong offices and headed its Asia project finance practice for seven years.
He concentrates his practice in international and domestic finance and leasing, in particular in the infrastructure, transportation and energy sectors. He has worked on numerous “Deals of the Year” and other high-profile transactions in the projects and infrastructure space.
His other project and infrastructure finance work has involved airports and ports in Chile, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica; toll roads and railroads in Brazil, Chile, China, Kenya and Mexico; power, transmission, pipeline and telecommunications projects in Argentina, Chile, China, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States; and resort developments in Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Dubai, Indonesia and the United States.
In addition, George represents US and non-US parties in domestic and cross-border lease and loan financings of aircraft, rolling stock, containers, vessels and other equipment and facilities, including structured financings in the capital markets.
- Harvard Law School, JD
- Harvard Kennedy School , MPA
- Yale University, BA, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, Editorial Board, Committee on Publications
- International Bar Association
- Rail Working Group, Luxembourg Rail Protocol to the Cape Town Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment
- Law360, Member of the Project Finance editorial advisory board
- Representation of Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, as sole underwriter, in a $600 million offering of tax-exempt private activity bonds for the benefit of the first phase of the All Aboard Florida Brightline passenger rail project.
- Representation of Future Energy Solutions Lighting Group in connection with a $75 million credit facility provided by Orion Energy Partners.
- Representation of the Port Authority of Jamaica in the $600 million concession and lease of the Kingston Container Terminal to an affiliate of CMA CGM, which was named 2016 North America Port Deal of the Year by IJGlobal.
- Representation of Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, as representative of the several underwriters, in a $150 million offering of pass through certificates by Union Pacific Railroad Company. The proceeds were used to purchase equipment trust certificates issued to finance the acquisition of 59 locomotives by the railroad.
- Representation of Export Development Canada and Aviation Finance Company in predelivery payment financings for Bombardier and Gulfstream aircraft.
- Representation of the Dominican Republic in connection with the settlement of arbitrations with affiliates of TCW regarding their investment in electric distributor EDE Este.
- Representation of Banco Inbursa, S.A. in a $200 million loan to Net Serviços de Comunicação, S.A.
- Representation of Empresa Eléctrica Guacolda S.A. in a $260 million financing of an expansion of its existing coal-fired steam turbine generating station in Chile.
- Representation of Operadora Hotelera del Corredor Mayakoba, S.A. de C.V. in the $91 million refinancing of the Fairmont Mayakoba Hotel in the Riviera Maya in Mexico by Aareal Bank AG.
- Representation of MBJ Airports, Ltd. in the $85 million financing by IFC of a long-term concession to make improvements to and operate Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
Rate : $$$