Mr. George J. Murphy has over 30 years of trial experience in the state and federal courts around the country. He focuses in the defense of products liability, mass tort, class action, and catastrophic injury/death cases, and he is a lecturer/presenter on various aspects of his practice areas, including trial practice techniques.
Mr. Murphy has tried countless cases before judges and juries and has the experience that enables him to anticipate the way the evidence will play out at trial. He also sits as an arbitrator and mediator and is very effective as a litigant in these settings.
Mr. Murphy began his career as a Philadelphia Assistant District Attorney under future Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell. His judgment and trial skills led to his assignment to the “Career Criminal Unit,” where his supervisor was Ronald Castille, now Chief Justice of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Boston College Law School (J.D.)
- Boston College (B.A., magna cum laude)
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Commonweath of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- International Association of Defense Counsel:
- Board of Directors (2009 – 2012)
- Foundation Board (2003 – 2011)
- President, Foundation Board (2009 – 2011)
- Chair National Jury Trial Innovations Project
- American Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Defense Research Institute
Rate : $$$$