George B. Raine is well-versed on the complex regulatory and transactional issues faced by participants in the investment management industry. His practice includes the represent – ation of U.S. and non-U.S. investment advisers; open- and closed-end investment companies and their trustees; hedge funds and other private investment pools, including real estate investment trusts; and broker-dealers.
George joined the firm in 2005, having begun his career in the New York and Frankfurt offices of an international law firm based in New York.
- LLM, magna cum laude, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, 2000
- JD, Yale Law School, 1999; Editor, Yale Law Journal
- BA (History), summa cum laude , Phi Beta Kappa, Yale University, 1996
- Massachusetts, 2004
- New York, 2001
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS : Boston Bar Association
- Organization and initial offering of a new registered investment company for Allianz Global Investors, with the launch of over 20 new funds in a two year span, followed by several fund mergers, redomicilings and liquidations.
- Several protracted proxy contests on behalf of closed-end funds managed by Putnam Investments and Deutsche Asset Management, including the negotiation of settlement arrangements with insurgent shareholders.
- Organization and on-going advice with regard to the launch and offering of onshore and offshore hedge funds for asset managers that include Martin Currie and Standard Life Investments.
- Independent trustee counsel to the Green Century Funds, a complex of environmentally responsible mutual funds.
Rate : $$$