George W. Shuster’s practice focuses on the areas of bankruptcy, insolvency risk mitigation, out-of-court restructurings and debt finance transactions. With his extensive experience and knowledge of a wide range of transactions, Mr. Shuster is able to successfully represent and counsel a variety of clients, including public and private technology companies, real estate developers, manufacturers, financial organizations and many other businesses.
Mr. Shuster represents creditors, lenders, bondholders, borrowers and debtors in finance, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), bankruptcy and financial restructuring transactions and related litigation. He has particular experience in mitigating insolvency risk in intellectual property transactions and in cross-border insolvency.
Professional Activities : Member, Law360’s Bankruptcy Editorial Advisory Board
- Representation of a real estate joint venture partner and lender in connection with a multi-party workout and settlement of co-partner debt and litigation issues
- Representation of noteholders in dismissal of subordination claims brought by Pelikan Technologies Chapter 7 trustee
- Representation of parties in interest in Chapter 15 cases of Elpida Semiconductor, Upper Deck International and Fairfield Funds
- Representation of an investment fund in its bid for the real estate portfolio of Innkeepers USA Trust in its Chapter 11 Section 363 sale
- Representation of trade vendors in distressed counterparty transactions and bankruptcies across the US and abroad
- Representation of a real estate joint venture partner and lender in connection with an option and loan transaction
- Representation of a prepared food manufacturer in $28.5 million multi-party refinancing
- Representation of Mozambique Safari park operator in various financing transactions
- Representation of 80-year-old, New Hampshire, family-owned boarding inn in successful Chapter 11 case and related fraudulent transfer litigation
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 2000
- BA, Columbia University, 1997
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, New York, United States Supreme Court
Rate : $$$$