George A. Stohner leads trials and complex employment litigation teams in defending against employment discrimination cases, particularly class actions. Over his 35-year career, George has successfully represented clients in systemic employment litigation, complex employment litigation, labor and employment counseling, and labor negotiations.
George has defended complex litigation across the United States in 14 states and the District of Columbia.
Before joining Faegre Baker Daniels, George was a partner with Morgan Lewis & Bockius where he practiced from the Chicago; Washington, D.C.; New York City; and Los Angeles offices. George established the firm’s complex employment litigation group.
George has been involved in high-stakes labor negotiations in both the private and public sectors. He represents employers managing both unionized and non-unionized workforces in a range of industrial settings, including broadcasting, entertainment, advertising, financial services, telecommunications, construction, transportation, manufacturing, life sciences and hospitality.
George began his legal career as a Captain in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate Corps, representing the Department of the Army in civil rights litigation. George then served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Civil Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Washington, D.C., defending the government in major employment-related lawsuits before entering private practice.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D. (1971)
- College of William and Mary, B.A. (1968)
Bar Admissions : Pennsylvania, Illinois, New York, District of Columbia.
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Professional Associations :
- College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- California Employers Law Council
Civic Activities :
- New York City Partnership and Chamber of Commerce — Former Partner
- Penn Club, New York City — Former Board of Directors
- College of William & Mary — Endowment Board (Board of Advisors) Emeritus
- Thomas Jefferson School of Public Policy — Former Board Member
Rate : $$$