George Ticknor is a member of the Locke Lord Executive Committee. George represents banks, finance companies, public and private investment funds, and other financial institutions on a transactional basis and as general counsel.
He is outside counsel to public companies in the financial services and media industries. George also represents private equity funds, hedge funds, sponsor and other investor groups making investments and acquisitions.
He has been involved in acquisitions and financings in a broad range of industries with special focus on the financial services and technology, media and telecommunications (“TMT”) sectors. His experience encompasses also debt capital market transactions including high yield debt and syndicated loan financings and restructurings, securitization, second lien, and mezzanine financings.
He also represents private equity portfolio companies and other operating companies in a range of industries including communications, financial services, and investment management.
Representative Experience :
- Represented Lamar Advertising Company, a NASDAQ 100 company, in the outdoor advertising business for over 25 years in connection with high yield debt offerings aggregating billions of dollars, including in early 2016 serving as issuer’s counsel in the Rule 144A and Regulation S placement of $400 million of 5¾% Senior Notes due 2006. We have also represented Lamar in connection with its credit facilities throughout this period, the most recent transaction being the issuance of $900 million of term loans in May, 2017.
- In addition to financing matters, we advised Lamar in connection with its conversion from an operating company to a real estate investment trust (REIT) in November 2014 and in connection with its $458.5 million acquisition of the assets of Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings Inc. in five U.S. markets which closed in 2016.
- Represented NewStar Financial Inc. in a range of transactions since 2004 including
- Represented NewStar in the sale of its equipment finance business and related assets to Radius Bank for approximately $140 million which closed in December 2016.
- Represented NewStar Financial in the sale of its asset based lending subsidiary, NewStar Business Credit LLC to Sterling National Bank for approximately $330 million which closed in March 2016.
- Represented NewStar in a $300 million Senior Notes offering and subsequent “add ons” during 2015, a $100 million financing with Fortress Credit Corporation in 2012, a $70 million facility with Macquarie Bank in 2011 which was restructured in 2012 and various special purpose asset financings including “Master Repos” to fund mortgage financing.
- We have also served as general counsel to NewStar advising on loan transactions and restructurings and on matters relating to governance, disclosure, securities, investment advisor matters and debt and capital raises.
- Represented Bank of America as administrative agent, lender and arranger in leveraged financings including $100 million financing in favor of Ameresco.
- Represented GE Capital as administrative agent, lender and arranger in a series of leveraged finance transactions in the TMT Group prior to the sale of the GE Capital loan portfolio to Capital One.
- Represented Atalaya in a series of combined senior debt and equity transactions in telecommunications, broadcasting and branding industries, including restructuring and realizing on an investment in a European telecommunications company which closed in December 2017.
- Represented One Sixty Over Ninety a portfolio company of a private equity firm in a $80 million debt facility to finance a dividend recapitalization which closed in March 2017.
- Represented CapX Partners in equipment lease facilities closing in August and September 2017.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1983
- B.A., Harvard College, 1977
Admissions : Massachusetts, 1983
Rate : $$$