George J. Tzanetopoulos is a widely experienced trial and appellate litigator. He has represented businesses and individuals in trials, arbitrations, administrative hearings and appellate proceedings throughout the country.
George places a high value on understanding a client’s business and assisting the client in managing resolution of a dispute, whether by trial or settlement, in the context of the client’s business imperatives.
- Defended class actions that have alleged consumer fraud, residential lease ordinance violation, large data breach, and misuse and wrongful acquisition of proprietary information claims.
- Represented clients in numerous supply contract, trade secret, noncompete and partnership disputes.
- Represented owners and contractors in construction failure, construction bond and subcontractor default insurance cases.
- Represented public utilities, pipeline companies and their unregulated affiliates in commercial, land use, tort and eminent domain disputes.
- Represented clients in suits alleging unlawful discharge or disturbance of hazardous materials.
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1985, with honors
- B.A., University of Chicago, 1982, with honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2000
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1986
Rate : $$$