George Volsky litigates complex international disputes in U.S. courts (both state and federal), arbitration forums, and before regulatory agencies. With his global experience, clients regularly call upon him to coordinate and manage all aspects of multijurisdictional litigation.
His clients include U.S. and foreign corporations, international banks, as well as foreign governmental agencies, and his experience includes many sectors, such as financial services, aviation, media, insurance, telecommunications, and manufacturing.
In his U.S.-based practice, George represents clients in contract disputes, banking litigation, shareholder disputes, aviation matters (regulatory, insurance, passenger/cargo claims), and intellectual property litigation.
Born in Havana, Cuba, George is fluent in Spanish and serves as a member of Akerman’s Cuba practice.
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School
- B.A., University of Chicago
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association, Section of International Law, Member
- USCIB Arbitration Committee, Florida Sub-Committee, Member
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Cuban-American Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, International Law Section, Member
- City of Coral Gables Recreation, Past Youth Advisory Board Member
- Dade County Housing and Urban Development, Past Advisory Board Member
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, Past Board Member
- Assistant State Attorney, Miami-Dade County, Florida
Rate : $$$