Mr. George Walker graduated from Auburn University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a major in finance in 1986. He graduated from the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University Magna Cum Laude in 1989.
Mr. Walker was a member of the Cumberland Law Review, Curia Honoris and Phi Kappa Phi. After graduation, he served as law clerk to the Honorable Robert E. Varner, United States District Judge for the Middle District of Alabama.
Mr. Walker is licensed in all Alabama State and Federal courts, as well as in the State and Superior Courts of Georgia, the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
After his clerkship, Mr. Walker began his legal career in private practice in Montgomery, Alabama handling complex civil litigation on both the plaintiff and defense side. After 20+ years in Montgomery, Mr. Walker moved to Auburn.
During his more than 25 years in private practice, Mr. Walker has handled cases throughout the state and federal courts in Alabama representing both plaintiffs and defendants in consumer and commercial litigation involving insurance issues, securities class actions, construction litigation, products liability, employment matters, consumer claims and various federal statutory claims.
He has tried cases to verdict in all three federal districts in Alabama and has handled cases in all sixty-seven counties throughout the State of Alabama. Mr. Walker has tried cases in federal courts in Boston and Atlanta and represented clients in federal courts in Florida and Louisiana.
He has also tried numerous cases in arbitration and is counsel of record in thirty-five or more reported decisions from federal trial and appellate courts and the Supreme Court of Alabama. Mr. Walker successfully represented an objector to a non-opt out settlement involving the Alabama Prepaid College Tuition Program which resulted in the settlement being set aside at that time.
Mr. Walker, in his former practice, represented several pharmaceutical companies in various litigation involving products liability and pricing, including litigation brought by the State of Alabama.
Mr. Walker has also been involved in litigation throughout the course of his career which involved federal and state constitutional issues. He formerly represented the NCAA in a matter brought against it and Auburn University in the Middle District of Alabama in the early 90’s.
Admitted To Practice:
- Alabama 1989 to Present (Member in Good Standing)
- Georgia 2011 to Present (Member in Good Standing)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- The Supreme Court of Alabama
- The Supreme Court of Georgia
- The Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia
- Former Sunday school teacher, First United Methodist Church, Montgomery, Alabama
- Former Administrative Board and Finance Committee, Member, First United Methodist Church, Montgomery, Alabama
- Auburn University College of Business Advisory Dean’s Counsel (2007–2013; Emeritus 2013–present)
- Chattahoochee RiverWarden Board of Directors, Vice President (2011–2015)
- Former Board Member, Montgomery County Humane Society
- Member, Auburn United Methodist Church
Rate : $$$$