Georgeann G. Peters has more than 30 years’ experience handling all aspects of employee benefits, executive compensation, and Employee Retirement Income Security Act and tax compliance for both large and small clients.
She is intimately familiar with the intricacies involved in all types of employee benefit plans and executive compensation arrangements, and also has the ability to find creative solutions to the problems and challenges her clients face.
Her knowledge further enables Georgeann to translate technical and often complex material regarding labor, employment and tax law into digestible information her clients can apply to accomplish their objectives, ensuring compliance with the appropriate legal regulations.
Georgeann is listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in the area of Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation and is co-leader of BakerHostetler’s national Employee Benefits team.
- Instructed a major healthcare system during the departure and evaluation process of a departing CEO. Advised the organization on its obligations in terminating the executive, prepared an agreement for use with an interim CEO and prepared severance agreements for the departing CEO to ensure that the termination would not have legal ramifications.
- Advised multiple publicly traded oil and gas clients regarding compliance with Internal Revenue Code 162(m) requirements.
- Assisted an energy services company with an internal investigation that led to the termination of an executive officer and two management employees.
- Has more than 25 years’ experience assisting a large, public company in the healthcare sector with multiple acquisitions and divestitures, from due diligence through full integration, including strategies for the assimilation of diverse workforces, plans and programs; addressing “golden parachute” issues; and providing transition services platforms and alternatives.
- Has more than 20 years’ experience representing Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWAs), including having secured licensing in multiple states for several trade associations and industry groups sponsoring MEWA plans.
- Assisted both existing clients, including MEWA clients, and several new industry groups in developing strategies to comply with the Affordable Care Act on a cost-effective basis.
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Capital University Law School Board of Counselors: Former Chair and current Chair’s Council Member
- American Heart Association: Circle of Red Member
- Kings Arts Complex: Board of Directors (former member)
- J.D., Capital University Law School, 1983, summa cum laude
- B.S., Denison University, 1974
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1993
Rate : $$$