Georges Legrand, who is one of the firm founders, has more than 38 years of experience as a litigator. His practice focuses on defense of maritime personal injury and property damage claims on the river and offshore, as well as insurance, transportation, and contractual matters.
Georges has litigated claims for clients ranging from international Fortune 500 companies and national insurers to local boat operators. As supported by the peer honors he has received, including Super Lawyers and New Orleans Magazine Top Lawyers, Georges has developed a reputation as one of the top attorneys in admiralty and maritime law and transportation.
Born and raised in New Orleans, as one of nine children Georges learned the value of conscientiousness and teamwork at an early age. He worked in the offshore boat industry during college, giving him insight into common issues that can arise from marine transportation. He is known for representing his clients with integrity and professionalism, and goes above and beyond to resolve their issues on the best possible terms.
“Clients should be entitled to know that they are going to get a first-class work product. I am always prepared. Given the unexpected in the marine industry, I am available 24/7 to my clients and take the time to develop long-term relationships with them. Their business is important to me.”
Georges is active in his profession. He was a founder and served as Chairman of the Offshore Marine Service Association’s Industry Seminar for ten years. He has addressed maritime and casualty law seminars and made presentations to insurance and commercial clients on risk management, insurance coverage and contractual liability.
He believes that being a member of the community is an important part of his practice of law. He has been highly involved with his church and received the Order of St. Louis Medallion, awarded by the Archdiocese of New Orleans for outstanding service.
He has also been a longtime volunteer in the Boys Scouts of America. In his spare time, he enjoys many activities with his wife and four children.
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, Loyola Law Review (J.D. 1979)
- University of New Orleans (B.S. 1976)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- American Bar Association, Member; Past Vice Chair, Admiralty and Maritime Law Committee of the Torts and Insurance Practice Section
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association of Business and Industry, Member
- Maritime Law Association, Member
- Louisiana Association of Self-Insured Employers, Member
PUBLICATIONS : Fifth Circuit Symposium-Admiralty, 33 Loy. L. Rev. 535 (1987)
Rate : $$$