Gerald P. Hendrick serves as general counsel to numerous public and private companies in diverse industries. He also advises closely-held businesses and their boards of directors regarding stockholder and fiduciary matters.
Among his clients are health care providers, lease finance companies, mutual insurance companies, technology companies, manufacturers, marketers and distributors of durable and consumer goods, software and food products, agricultural cooperatives, professional service organizations, and real estate investment and development entities. For those clients, Jed handles complex commercial transactions, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures and entity formations, both domestic and cross-border.
Jed currently serves as Co-Chair of the Public Law and Governmental Affairs Group and serves on several Firm management committees. He is the immediate past Partner-in-Charge of the Firm’s Boston office, and also served as a Co-Chair of the Firm’s Business Law Department.
Jed served as Senior Vice President, General Counsel for Dennison Manufacturing Company, a worldwide Fortune 500 manufacturer and marketer of stationery products, printing and identification systems. His responsibilities included global law and intellectual property matters, and certain non-legal executive functions, such as environmental, real estate investment and development, facilities management, engineering, and quality assurance. Prior to Dennison, Jed held the position of Senior Vice President-Administration, General Counsel and Secretary at H.P. Hood Inc., the largest regional manufacturer and distributor of food products (dairy, cheese, citrus) in the Northeast. At Hood, Jed was the senior executive responsible for the law, human resources, quality assurance, regulatory and consumer affairs functions.
Representative Experience :
- Acts as counsel on numerous commercial and corporate matters for a large regional health care system.
- Acts as outside general counsel to one of the nation’s largest cranberry producers, with operations in the U.S. and Canada.
- Acts as general counsel to one of the nation’s largest specialized commercial finance companies that leases and rents “micro ticket” equipment, and provides other financing services.
- Represented majority stockholder interests, created a vehicle and process to appraise, auction, and negotiate with multiple suitors for the acquisition of 100% of the stock of a large regional daily newspaper, and media client, including complex negotiations with minority interests.
- Leveraging deep industry experience, assisted the nation’s largest dairy farmers’ cooperative, headquartered in the Mid-West, to acquire, obtain regulatory approvals for, and subsequently divest numerous Northeast dairy processors.
- Spearheaded regional food manufacturer’s strategic analysis and renegotiation of burdensome consent decree with the Department of Justice, permitting enhanced growth opportunities.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Chair, Joint Audit Committee
- Council, 2010-2014
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Board of Trustees, Massachusetts Bar Foundation
- Director, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, 2008-present
- Trustee, Massachusetts Bar Foundation, 2012-present
- Society of Fellows, Boston Bar Foundation
- J.D., Suffolk University Law School, 1974
- Member of the Law Review
- B.A., Providence College, 1971
- Additional Studies – Universite de Fribourg, Fribourg, Switzerland, 1970
Admissions : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$