Gerald P. McCartin represents hospitals, health care systems, academic medical centers, diagnostic imaging companies and other health care entities in a variety of transactions, including strategic affiliations, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, management agreements, vendor agreements and general corporate matters.
Gerry also represents health care clients in the negotiation of investments in portfolio companies in health care information technology and related fields. He is a member of the Health Care and Corporate teams.
Outside of the health care arena, Gerry represents companies in a variety of industries, including information technology, software development, energy, commercial real estate, consulting and services in a wide range of corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, business organization, joint ventures, securities offerings, executive employment agreements and general corporate matters.
- An academic medical center and hospital system in a series of system integration agreements creating a regional health system.
- An academic medical center in the sale of its home hospice program.
- A public diagnostic imaging company in securities matters as well as acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures related to diagnostic imaging companies.
- A public company in connection with the negotiation of purchased services contracts on behalf of health care systems.
- An educational technology company in its acquisition by a private equity company.
- Part of a team that advised Thomas Jefferson University in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Rothman Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital (ROSH) in Bensalem, PA on all aspects of the transaction, including negotiation of the definitive agreement, due diligence, and corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1979, cum laude
- Georgetown University, B.S., 1976, cum laude
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Virginia
Rate : $$$$