Mr. Gerald L. Pauling is a partner whose practice focuses on employment litigation and labor and employee relations. He has extensive trial and courtroom experience, and has represented employers in a wide variety of state and federal employment matters, including complex discrimination litigation and class actions, employment contracts, harassment claims, and claims brought under Title VII, the ADEA, the ADA, and various other state and federal statutes.
He also provides advice, training and counseling to clients regarding employment policies and practices and diversity issues. Mr. Pauling co-chairs the firm’s National Diversity Action Team and is past chair of the Chicago Office Labor & Employment Practice Group, the Chicago Office Hiring Committee and the Chicago Office Lawyer Development Committee.
Prior to joining Seyfarth Shaw, Mr. Pauling served as a clerk at the City of Chicago Law Department and an extern with the Honorable Terry J. Hatter, Jr., federal judge of the United States District Court for the Central District of California in Los Angeles.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law (1992)
- B.S., University of Illinois (1989)
- College of Commerce
- Member, American Bar Foundation’s Legal Diversity Steering Committee
- Employer Vice Chair, American Bar Association’s CLE National Programs Committee
- Advisory Board Member, National Association for African Americans in Human Resources
- Advisory Board Member, The John Marshall Law School Center for Tax Law and Employee Benefits
- Board of Education Member, Homewood Flossmoor High School
- Board Chair, Teen Living Programs
- Board Member, Jackson Park Hospital Foundation
- Board of Deacons, Christ Temple Community Baptist Church
- Trustee, Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Rate : $$$$