Geraldine Ann Freeman is a partner in the San Francisco office and former Practice Leader of the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group where she specializes in bankruptcy, workouts, enforcement of creditors’ rights and remedies, finance and real estate. She serves on the firm’s Executive Committee.
Ms. Freeman represents a wide range of clients in connection with the acquisition, disposition and resolution of troubled assets, both inside and outside of court proceedings. She also represents real estate investors and equity sponsors in preferred equity transactions involving ownership and development of real estate assets.
- Represented state court receiver in connection with the management and control of over 5,000 FCC licenses.
- Represented institutional investor in preferred equity transactions involving multifamily real estate projects in California and Washington.
- Represented agent bank as lead counsel in the workout of a defaulted loan to a government contractor with ongoing projects around the globe, resulting in the payment in full of the credit obligations.
- Represented agent bank as lead counsel in the workout, bankruptcy, enforcement of creditors’ rights and lien priority litigation, involving multiple loans made to a large residential home builder with partially completed housing projects throughout the Central Valley of California.
- Represented defendants in multimillion dollar preference and fraudulent transfer proceedings brought by bankruptcy trustee, resulting in very favorable settlements.
- Represented Chapter 11 Trustee as lead counsel in the bankruptcy of a national art gallery, including in the successful appeal of the order approving the Trustee’s plan of reorganization.
- Represented the lender in a workout and eventual mixed collateral foreclosure sale of a time-share resort located in Napa Valley.
- Represented the independent members of the board of directors of a large international automotive parts company in connection with the insolvency and Chapter 11 bankruptcy of the company.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1983
- A.B., University of California, Berkeley, 1979, with distinction in general scholarship
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
Rate : $$$