Gerard Hannon serves as a member of the Firm’s Global Real Estate, Construction, Environment & Tourism and the North America Banking and Finance and Corporate & Securities practice groups. He is one of a select handful of US real estate lawyers who have significant experience in cross-border real estate transactions and has handled some of the largest and most sophisticated investments made in the US by offshore investors.
He has served on advisory boards for Fordham University School of Law and First American Title Insurance Company of New York and has taught at the Columbia University Graduate School of Business.
Mr. Hannon routinely assists national and international institutions — including banks, life insurance companies, pension funds, hedge funds, real estate funds, REITs, high net worth individuals and families, hotel groups, retailers, and pharmaceutical and industrial companies — in financing transactions; the acquisition, divestiture, development and financing of major office buildings, hotels and residential apartment complexes and shopping centers; joint ventures and partnership matters; tenant-in-common transactions; real estate funds and private equity; real estate leasing transactions; restructuring and workout of problem loans, real estate partnerships and joint ventures; condominium conversions and offering plans; right of use transactions; purchase, sale and servicing of mortgage portfolios; complex development and construction projects; and management contracts and franchise agreements.
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (1977)
- Queens College, New York (B.A. magna cum laude) (1974)
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (1987)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (1979)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States (1979)
- New York~United States (1978)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Japan Society
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- American Bar Association
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represent on an ongoing basis one of the world’s leading high-end retailers in connection with its US leasing, acquisition and disposition activities.
- Represent a leading real estate fund sponsor in connection with establishment and operation of US investment funds including those with domestically controlled REIT structures.
- Represented a large industrial company in the acquisition of US mining interests.
- Represented a foreign transportation company in the acquisition of a US logistics business.
Rate : $$$