Germain E. DeMartinis is a former business owner who brings his first-hand experience as an entrepreneur and employer to bear on his practice. He regularly assists clients with entity formation, corporate governance issues, customer and vendor agreements, financing, mergers and acquisitions, asset sales, and securities filings.
Before joining Cozen O’Connor as an associate in the Corporate Practice Group, Germain owned and operated Wheatland Baking, Inc. in Sun Valley, Cal., taking the business from a sole proprietorship to a corporation.
In addition to handling the company’s day-to-day operations, Germain was responsible for research and development, new product development, production, distribution, and sales. This experience gives him a unique perspective into the business realities his clients face, especially in the emerging company arena.
Germain also has a passion for innovation that allows him to connect on a personal level with entrepreneurial, forward-looking clients. While working for a computer hardware security company before taking up the mantle at Wheatland Baking, Inc., Germain invented and patented three products that were manufactured and distributed.
In his role for that company, he traveled to China to establish manufacturing partnerships for the products and was responsible for growing the company by expanding its product line, distribution channels, and sales.
Germain received his J.D., cum laude, from Temple University Beasley School of Law and Bachelor of Arts in English and comparative literature studies from Occidental College. While at Temple, Germain was a member of the Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society and an Academic Core Enrichment Counselor. He also interned with the Philadelphia Office of the District Attorney, Philadelphia VIP, and the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority (SEPTA).
- Represented ADO Products, LLC, a distributor of insulation accessories, in connection with its acquisition by TopBuild Corp., a leading purchaser, installer, and distributor of insulation products to the U.S. construction industry.
- Represented a private equity client in a private placement offering that raised $21.35 million for an investment in a Class A office building in King of Prussia, Pa.
- Represented Beachbody, LLC, in a preferred equity investment from The Raine Group LLC.
- Represented an insurance-related education provider in connection with its multi-million dollar strategic investment, in the form of debt and equity, in a global thought leader in insurance and risk management. The transaction resulted in the client taking a minority equity interest in the target and drew on the experience of the firm’s corporate and intellectual property attorneys.
- Temple University—James E. Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2017
- Occidental College, B.A., 1998
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
AFFILIATIONS : Pro Bono Counsel, Philadelphia VIP
Rate : $$$$