Gerry Hinkley, Pillsbury’s Health Care industry team chair, is regularly recognized by Chambers USA and Best Lawyers for health care law-related work. Gerry counsels hospitals and physician organizations regarding management of legal affairs, governance, regulatory compliance, reimbursement, capital finance, joint ventures and clinic development.
He advises health information exchanges regarding governance, privacy, tax-exemption, user participation, consent and risk management. Serving as outside counsel to health care organizations, Gerry is responsible for corporate law and board governance matters.
A leader in the health IT field, he has extensive experience in procurement, licensing, service arrangements and dispute resolution.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Advised an academic medical center on the formation of a pediatric physician network that included more than 200 pediatricians and pediatric subspecialists.
- Developed a legal framework for a national medical second opinion internet company.
- Structured nine joint ventures to establish a hospital-to-hospital specialty service network for an academic medical center and community health systems.
- Organization of skilled nursing care outsourcing program for hospital system
- Acquisitions of physician practices by hospital affiliated medical foundations
- Member, Board of Directors, Ronald McDonald House Charities – Bay Area (2018)
- Chair, Legal Task Force, Health Information Management Systems Society, 2011-2015
- Markle Connecting for Health Steering Group, 2006-2012
- eHealth Initiative Leadership Council, 2008-2013
- Founder, Bay Area Health Care Breakfast Club
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1975
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 1971
ADMISSIONS : California, New York.
Rate : $$$