With over 20 years of experience – several outside of a law firm environment – counseling clients of different sizes and maturity across a diversity of industries, Gian (John) Brown brings a personal touch to corporate and transactional needs.
His activity spans the entire business lifecycle, including start-up formation and early- and mid-stage financing, commercial contracts and the structuring of strategic agreements, and navigation of exit events such as acquisitions (for buyers) and divestitures (for sellers).
For M&A matters, Gian’s advice regularly addresses assessment, valuation, negotiation, due diligence, and integration/disentanglement.
Prior to joining Holland & Hart, Gian worked in the corporate departments of two international law firms, where he handled mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, strategic investments, joint ventures, and venture capital matters.
For several years, he was also in-house counsel and a member of the corporate development team at a publicly-traded Fortune 300 Federal government contractor, expanding his role to deep involvement in acquisitions, divestitures, corporate venture capital, and management of intellectual property assets.
- Business, Corporate, and Finance Experience
- Entry formation and startups
- Early- and mid-stage financing
- Commercial contracts
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Emerging Growth and Venture Capital Experience
- Gian has extensive experience assisting emerging growth and venture capital clients with drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts and transactions, including:
- Vendor and supplier agreements
- Licensing and sale of intellectual property assets
- Joint ventures
Rate : $$$