Giancarlo Urey is a creative and strategic trial attorney who specializes in defending companies in employment cases. His practice includes defending against claims of wage and hour violations, discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful termination, defamation, and misappropriation of trade secrets. Giancarlo has significant experience trying these types of cases to successful conclusions.
Through this dynamic practice, he has developed a particular focus on employment law issues unique to several industries, including medical/health care, financial services, hospitality, and entertainment. Giancarlo also partners with his clients to help develop practical, cost-effective solutions for their employment problems.
- Associate, Morrison & Foerster LLP, Los Angeles, 2010-2013
- Law Clerk, Hon. Bruce J. McGiverin, U.S. District Court, District of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico, 2009
- Summer Associate, Morrison & Foerster LLP, Los Angeles, 2008
- Law Student Clerk, Employment Law Division, Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, 2007
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 2009
- Development Editor, California Law Review
- Managing Editor, Berkeley La Raza Law Journal
- Co-chair, La Raza Law Students Association
- B.A., Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 2005, magna cum laude
Rate : $$$